Indian economy Dutt and Sundaram PDF
Indian economy Dutt and Sundaram pdf: is written by Gaurav Datt & Ashwani Mahajan Sundharam S Chand Publication. Get the New and Latest Edition for your UPSC UPPSC Mains “Indian economy” Optional Subject.
The Content of Indian economy Dutt and Sundaram pdf
JOIN TELEGRAM GROUP:
You can buy this book Indian Economy Dutt and Sundaram pdf Latest New 65th Edition
PART I—STRUCTURE OF THE INDIAN ECONOMY
- India as a Developing Economy.
- Meaning of an Underdeveloped Economy.
- Basic Characteristics of the Indian Economy as a Developing Economy.
- Major Issues of Development.
- Indian Economy on the Eve of Independence.
- Indian Economy in the Pre-British Period.
- Economic Consequences of British Conquest.
- The decline of Indian Handicrafts and Progressive Realization of the Indian Economy.
- The Land System During 1793-1850.
- Commercialization of Agriculture (1850-1947).
- Famines and Famine Relief in India.
- The process of Industrial Transition in India.
- Colonial Exploitation: Forms and Consequences.
- Colonialism and Modernization.
- National Income of India.
- National Income Estimates in India.
- CSO Revised National Income Series with 1999-00 as Base Year.
- Trends in National Income—Growth and Structure.
- Limitations of National Income Estimation in India.
- Human Resources and Economic Development.
- The Theory of Demographic Transition.
- Size and Growth Rate of Population in India.
- Quantitative Population Growth Differentials in Different Countries.
- The Sex Composition of Population.
- Age Composition. 50
- The Density of Population. 50
- Urbanisation and Economic Growth in India. 51
- The Quality of Population. 56
- Population Growth as a Factor of Economic Development. 59
- Population Policy. 60
- National Population Policy (2000). 63
- Population Projections (2001-2026). 64
- Demographic Dividend. 66
- Human Development in India. 68—82
- The Concept and Measures of Human Development. 68
- Human Development Index for the Various States in India. 74
- National Human Development Report (2001). 76
- The progress of Human Development in India 78
- Directions of Policy. 80
- Occupational Structure and Economic Development. 83—92
- Economic Development and Occupational Distribution. 83
- Historical Experience of Structural Change in Developed Countries .84
- GDP and Employment Shares in Selected Developing Countries .85
- Changing profile of GDP and Employment in India (1950-51 to 2001-02). 86
- GDP, Employment and Productivity per Worker in India. 87
- Relative Shift in the Shares of NSDP and Employment in Agriculture.
Industry and Services in the Different States Indian economy Dutt and Sundaram pdf
- Workforce Participation Rates in India. 90
2. Natural Resources, Economic Development and Environmental Degradation .93—119
3. Natural Resources in the Process of Economic Development.
4. Land Resources 94
5. Forest Resources 95
6. Water Resources 101
7. Fisheries 104
- Mineral Resources and Mineral Policy 106
- Economic Development and Environmental Degradation 110
- Global Climate Change and India 117
Infrastructure in Indian economy Dutt and Sundaram pdf
- Infrastructure and Economic Development 120
- Energy 121
- Power 130
- Transport System in India’s Economic Development 136
- The growth of Indian Railways 138
- Roads and Road Transport System in India 142
- Rail-Road Co-ordination 146
- Water Transport in India 148
- Civil Aviation in India 151
- The Communication System in India 153
- Urban Infrastructure 155
- Science and Technology 157
- Private Investment in Infrastructure: Outlook and Prospects 159
Social Infrastructure and Social Sector in Indian economy Dutt and Sundaram pdf
- The concept of Social Sector and Social Infrastructure 164
- Development of Education in India 165
- Health and Family Welfare and the Development of Health Infrastructure 173
PART II—PLANNING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Objectives and Strategy of Economic Planning in India 184—203
- Objectives of Economic Planning in India 184
- Democratic Socialism in India 187
- Mixed Economy and Economic Planning 189
- Development Strategy in India 193
- Models of Economic Development—Nehru vs. Gandhi 196
- Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization (LPG) Model of Development 200
- PUR A – A Neo-Gandhian Approach to Development. 201
Industrial Policy and Indian Planning Indian economy Dutt and Sundaram pdf
- Industrial Policy Resolution, 1956 204
- Industrial Policy Statement, 1977 205
- Industrial Policy of 1980 207
- Industrial Licensing Policy 208
- Industrial Policy (1991) 210
Public Sector and Indian Planning 215—230
- The Evolution of the Public Sector in India 215
- Role of the Public Sector in India 217
- Causes for the Expansion of Public Enterprises 222
- Performance of Public Sector Undertakings 224
- Shortcomings of the Public Sector 227
- New Directions of Policy on the Public Sector 229
Disinvestment of Public Enterprises Indian economy Dutt and Sundaram pdf
- The rationale of Disinvestment 231
- The emergence of the Disinvestment Policy 232
- Critique of Disinvestment 234
Redefining the Role of the State 238—246
- Expanding the Role of the Public Sector to Accelerate Growth (1956 to 1990) 238
Reducing the Role of the Public Sector Indian economy Dutt and Sundaram pdf
- Performance Analysis of Public Sector. 247
- Comparison of the Public and Private Sector. 248
- Privatization Wave in the World. 251
- Meaning and Scope of Privatisation. 251
- Attempts at Privatisation in India. 253
- Privatisation—The Alternative Models. 254
- Public Versus Private Sector Debate—A Non-Issue. 256
- Economic Reforms – A Brief Review. 257
- Economic Reforms in India — An Appraisal. 259
- Globalization and its Impact on India. 275—291
- Globalization and its Advocacy. 275
’ 2. Globalization and its Impact on India. 276
- Fair Globalization and the Need for Policy Framework. 285
- Globalization in Reverse Gear – The Threatened Re-emergence of Protectionism. 290
- Planning Experience in India. 292—310
- First Nine Five Year Plans (1950-51 to 2001-02). 292
- The pattern of Financing the Five-Year Plans in India. 299
- Relative Merits and Demerits of Different Sources of Plan Financing. 303
- Review of Planning Experience in India. 305
- Tenth Five Year Plan (2002-07). 311—323
- Tenth Plan: Objectives. Targets and Strategy. 311
- Growth Target, Saving and Investment. 314
- Public Sector Plan: Resources and Allocation. 315
- Regional Balance and Poverty. 317
- External Sector Dimensions. 318
- Employment Perspective. 319
- Achievements and Failures of the Tenth Plan. 320
- Eleventh Five Year Plan and Inclusive Growth. 324-340
- Economic Scenario on the Eve of the Eleventh Plan. 324
- Objectives of the Eleventh Plan. – 326
- Macro-economic Dimensions of the Eleventh Plan. 326
- Financing the Eleventh Plan. 328
- Sectoral Allocation of Resources. 329
- Employment Perspective in the Eleventh Plan 331
- Poverty Reduction 1. 334
- Regional Disparities in Growth Rates. 335
- Critique of the Eleventh Plan. 335
- An Approach to the Twelfth Five Year Plan (2012-17). 341—354
- An Assessment of Eleventh Five year Plan (2007-12) and Path Ahead. 341
- Prospects for the Twelfth. 349
- A Critique of the Twelfth Plan Approach Paper. 352
The Problem of Capital Formation Indian economy Dutt and Sundaram pdf
- Meaning and Concept of Capital Formation. 355
- The trend of Saving and Capital Formation in the Indian Economy. 356
- The mobilization of Domestic Savings. 361
- Additional Measures of Mobilisation of Savings in India. 364
- The relation between Saving Rate, Growth Rate, and ICOR. 366
- Human Capital Formation in India. 367
- Foreign Capital. Foreign Aid and Economic Development. 370—387
- The Need for Foreign Capital. 370
- Forms of Foreign Capital. 371
- Government Policy towards Foreign Capital 371
- Foreign Collaboration in the Post-Independence Period 373
- External Assistance and the Five-Year Plans 378
- The Impact of Foreign Aid on India’s Economic Development 381
- Problems of Foreign Aid. 382
- The extent of External Debt and Debt Trap. 383
- Poverty and the Planning Process in India. 388—416
- The Concept of Poverty. 388
- Studies of Poverty in India. 389
- Planning Commission’s Estimate of Poverty. 396
- NSSO 55th Round and Poverty Reduction Controversy .398
- Economic Reforms and Reduction of Poverty .399
- Need for Redefining Poverty Line. 402
- International Comparison of Poverty 410
- Towards a Solution of the Problem of Poverty 411
- The Parallel Economy in India. 417—435
- Parallel Economy and Objectives of Planning 417
- Estimates of Black Income in India. 418
- A Review of the Various Estimates of Black Income. 423
- Impact of Black Incomes on the Economic and Social System. 424
- Factors Responsible for Generation of Black Money. 425
- Corruption and Development in India. 427
- A Survey of Measures Undertaken to Unearth Black Money .429
- Evolution of a Policy Package to Control Parallel Economy 431
- Unemployment in India. 436—472
- Nature of Unemployment in India. 436
- Estimates of Unemployment in India. 437
- Various Schemes to Reduce Unemployment and Under-employment .438
- Employment Guarantee Scheme of Maharashtra. 439
- National Rural Employment Programme. 440
- Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme .440
- IRDP. NREP, Rural Poverty and Employment. 441
- Jawahar Rozgar Yojana. 444
- Employment Policy in the Ninth Plan .446
- Changing Dimension of Unemployment and Employment. 449
- Structure of Employment in India. 452
- Quality of Employment. 454
- Task Force on Employment Opportunities. 454
- S.P. Gupta Special Group on Targeting 10 Million Employment. 455
Opportunities per Year
- Unemployment Rates between 1993-94 and 2004-05 (61st Round of NSS). 461
- Employment Policy of the Eleventh Plan .462
- Alternative Model of Development for Stimulating Growth of Employment. 464
- Employment Guarantee Act (2005). 467
- Inequality and Economic Power in India. 473—486
- The growth of Large Industrial Houses Since Independence .473
- The growth of Monopolies and Concentration of Economic Power in India. 474
- Competition Policy and Competition Law. 476
- Growth and Inequality. 479
- India as an Economic Superpower. 480
- The growth of the Indian Middle Class. 484
- Indian MNCs: Mergers and Acquisitions. 485
4 Price Policy in a Fast developing Economy. 495
- Recent Rise of Prices and the Common man. 499
Balanced Regional Development. 506—519
l Indicators of Regional Imbalance. 506
Z Causes of Economic Backwardness and Regional Imbalances 512
- Changing Scenario in the Backward States but a Long Way to Go 513
4 Policy Measures to Remove Regional Disparities 514
5 Tenth and Eleventh Five Year Plan and Regional Disparities 516
- State Human Development Reports 519
PART III—AGRICULTURE IN THE NATIONAL ECONOMY
Indian Agriculture under the 5-year Plans: The Green Revolution
- The place of Indian Agriculture in the National Economy
- The progress of agriculture Under the Five Year Plans
- Present Position of Indian Agriculture: Looming Crisis
- Green Revolution
- New Thrust Areas in Agriculture
- Green Revolution — the Future Prospects
- National Commissions of Farmers and Green Revolution
- Crop Pattern in India Since 1951.
- Food Security in India
- The concept of Food Security
- Food self-sufficiency and Food Security
- Public Distribution System and its Impact on Poverty
- Policy Options for Reforms of PDS.
- Food Insecurity at Global Level
- Irrigation and Other Agricultural Inputs
- Multipurpose River Valley Projects: A Controversy
- Irrigation in the Eleventh Plan
- Private Sector Participation in Irrigation
- Fertilizers and Manures
- Improved Seeds
- Soil Conservation and Reclamation
- Livestock and Dairy Development
- Mechanization of Agriculture
- Land Reforms
- The Need and Scope for Land Reforms in a Developing Economy
- The Abolition of Intermediaries
- Tenancy Reforms
- Ceiling on Land Holdings
- An appraisal of Land Reforms
- Size of Farms and Productive Efficiency
- The Meaning of Economic Holding
- Changing Pattern of Ownership and Operational Holdings in India
- Farms Size, Productivity/Profitability, and Farm Efficiency
- The Problem of Sub-division and Fragmentation of Holdings
- Co-operative Farming
- Organization of Rural Credit in India
- Needs for Credit for Indian Farmers
- Credit Delivery Mechanism in Rural Finance: Multi-Agency Approach
- Rural Co-operative Credit Societies
- Long Term Rural Credit: Co-operative Agricultural and Rural Development Banks 618
- Rural Co-operative Movement in India—An Evaluation. 620
- Commercial Banks and Rural Credit. 622
- Lead Bank Scheme (LBS). 626
- Service Area Approach: New Strategy for Rural Lending. 627
- Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) .629
- NABARD and its Role in Rural Credit. 632
Appendix 1: The Problem of Rural Indebtedness. 635
Appendix 2: Agricultural Insurance. 640
Appendix 3: Recent Developments in the Field of Rural Finance. 642
Agricultural Marketing and Warehousing. 644—654
- The Present State of Agricultural Marketing in India. 644
- Regulated Markets. 645
- Co-operative Marketing. 646
- Government and Agricultural Marketing. 649
- Warehousing in India. 651
- Reforms in Agriculture Marketing with Special Reference to Model APMC Act. 652
Agricultural Labour. 655—663
- Present Position of Agricultural Labour in India. 655
- Agricultural Labour and Minimum Wages. 659
- Abolition of Bonded Labour. 660
- Recommendations of the National Commission on Rural Labour (NCRL). 662
PART IV—INDIAN INDUSTRIES INDIAN ECONOMY DUTT AND SUNDARAM PDF
Industrial Pattern and the Plans. 666—678
- The Role of Industrialisation. 666
- The Pattern of Industrialisation. 667
- Industrial Pattern on the Eve of Planning. 668
- Industrial Pattern and the Five-Year Plans. 670
- Review of Industrial Growth under Planning—Structural Transformation. 674
- The pattern of Ownership of Industries. 677
Some Large-Scale Industries. 679—700
- The Iron and Steel Industry. 679
- The Cotton and Synthetic Textile Industry. 682
- The Jute Industry. 687
- The Sugar Industry. 689
- The Cement Industry. 692
- The Paper Industry. 694
- Petrochemical Industry. 697
- Automobile industry. 700
Information Technology (IT) Industry Indian economy Dutt and Sundaram pdf
- Information Technology and Knowledge Economy 701
- IT in India Viewed in World Context. 702
- Major Issues in Information Technology. 702
- Growth and Present State of IT industry in India. 704
- Future prospects of the IT industry. 707
- Outsourcing, Nationalism, and Globalization. 711
Small-Scale Enterprises. 713—729
- Definition of Small-scale and Cottage Enterprises 713
- The Role of Small-scale Industries in Indian Economy 714
- Third Census of Small Scale Industries (2001-02) 716
- Quick Estimates of 4th All India Census of MSME 718
- The Case for Small-scale Enterprises 719
- Policies and Programmes to Remove Disabilities 721
- Small Sector Industrial Policy. 723
- Village and Small Industries in the Ninth and Tenth Plans. 725
- S.P. Gupta Study Group on Development of Small Enterprises. 727
- Policy perspective to help small and tiny enterprises. 728
- Causes of Industrial Disputes.
- Emerging Trends in Trade Union Movement.
- Settlement of Industrial Disputes.
- Social Security Measures in India.
9 Right to Strike and Supreme Court Judgement.
- The Problem of Bonus in India.
41 Unorganised Sector and Informalisation of the Indian Economy. 752
- Unorganised Sector and India’s Informal Economy.
- Size of Unorganised Sector.
- Poverty, Vulnerability and Unorganized Sector Employment —
The High Degree of Correlation Indian economy Dutt and Sundaram pdf
- Estimate of Organised and Unorganised Workers.
- Self-employed Workers in Non-Agricultural Sector.
- Agricultural Labourers.
- Bonded Labour.
- Working Conditions of Farmers.
- Action Programme for the Unorganised Sector.
- Assessment of NCEUS Recommendations.
Second National Commission on Labour Indian economy Dutt and Sundaram pdf
- National Commission on labour and Review of Labour Laws.
- Review of Labour Laws and Recommendations of NCL.
- Positive Features of NCL Recommendations.
4 A Critique of National Labour Commission’s Recommendations.
- Unorganised Sector and Umbrella Legislation.
PART V—THE TERTIARY SECTOR IN THE INDIAN ECONOMY DUTT AND SUNDARAM PDF
- The Foreign Trade of India. 782
- Importance of Foreign Trade for a Developing Economy. 11
- Foreign Trade Since Independence.
- The composition of India’s Foreign Trade.
- A direction of India’s Foreign Trade.
- India’s Balance of Payments. 798—81
- India’s Balance of Payments on Current Account.
- The balance of Payments Crisis.
- A balance of Payments Since the New Economic Reforms of 1991.
- India’s Trade Policy.
- India’s Foreign Trade Policy (1991).
- Export-Import Policy.
- Export-Import Policy (2015-2020) 81
- Foreign Trade Policy (2015-2020). 81
- An Analysis of Trends in Exports and Imports. 81
4ft. Special Economic Zones. 818
- Special Economic Zones (SEZs) — An Overview. 81
- Some Recent Developments in the Evolution of SEZ Policy.
- Parliamentary Standing Committee Report on Special Economic Zones.
4- GATT, WTO and India’s Foreign Trade. 832—85
- The Uruguay Round of Negotiations — 8th Round of GATT.
- Uruguay Round of Final Act and its Implications for India.
- Social Clause in GATT.
- Impact of WTO on various aspects of Indian economy.
- WTO, Subsidies, and Agriculture.
- India’s Role at Doha Ministerial Conference (2018).
- Geneva Frame Work of WTO and India.
- Update on Trade Negotiations.
- Indian Currency System. 853
- Indian Currency System Today.
- Sources of Broad Money.
Factors Affecting Money Supply in India.
- The New Monetary and Liquidity Aggregates.
- Reserve Money and Money Multiplier.
- External Value of the Rupee.
- India’s Foreign Exchange Reserves 864
- Convertibility of the Rupee: Current and Capital Account .868
- Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) .872
- The Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002. 874
Indian Financial System: Commercial Banking System. 876—898
- Indian Financial System: An Overview. 876
- Indigenous Bankers. 879
- The progress of Banking in India since 1969. 880
- Profitability of Banks in India. 887
- Narasimham Committee (1991) on the Banking System in India .888
- Reform of the Banking Sector (2008-2018). 893
- Present Status of Banking Systems. 896
Indian Financial System II: Money and Capital Markets in India. 899—927
- The composition of the Indian Money Market. 899
- Features and Defects of the Indian Money Market. 900
- The Reform of the Indian Money Market (1986-2019). 903
- The composition of the Indian Capital Market. 905
- Development Financial Institutions (DFIs). 907
- Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) 914
- Mutual Funds. 918
- Venture Capital Funds. 919
- Other financial intermediaries 919
- Stock Exchange in India. 920
- SEBI and Capital Market Reforms .924
The Reserve Bank of India and Monetary Management .928—936
- Functions of the Reserve Bank of India. 928
- Monetary Policy of the Reserve Bank of India. 930
- Working of the Indian Monetary System: The Chakravarty Committee Report. 934
Indian Public Finance. 937—990
- Central Government Budgets Since 1950-51. 937
- Revenues of the Central Government. 939
- Expenditure of the Central Government. 945
- Budgets of State Governments. 948
- Revenue Expenditure of State Governments. 954
- Trends in Revenue and Expenditure of Central and Stale Governments. 956
- India’s Public Debt. 957
- Deficit Financing in India. 960
- Central Government Budget (2018-19) 964
- Major Challenges and the Budget 966
- Budget Estimates (2018-19) At a Glance 973
- Tax Proposals in the Budget .978
- Assessment of the Budget (2018-19) 981
- Kelkar Task Force Proposals. 984
- Direct Tax Code. 986
- Proposed GST an Analysis 988
Financial Relations Between the Centre and the States. 991—1010
- Financial Relations Under the Constitution 991
- The Finance Commission Awards .993
- Evaluation of the First Eleventh Financial Commission Awards ., 998
- Twelfth Finance Commission Award (2005-10) 1001
- Center-State Conflict on Finances 1006
Thirteenth Finance Commission (2010-15). 1011—1018
- The Approach of the Thirteenth Finance Commission 1012
- Vertical Devolution: Issues and Approach 1012
- Horizontal Devolution: Issues and Approach 1013
- Revised Roadmap For Fiscal Consolidation 1015
- Assessment of the Thirteenth Finance Commission Report 1016
Government Subsidies in India. 1019—1027
Indian economy by Dutt and Sundaram pdf free download
Download free PDF